Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Summer Lovin'

I made the executive decision to start blogging again. I don't have much to say to the world, nothing to show or prove. Just need an outlet, a medium to document my current awesome life so that when I start work (and go absolutely psycho) I'll have something nice to look back at, and hopefully it'll keep me sane. Oh, also most of the "you's" used henceforth will be to address my friends.

First thing first:

1. Malin+Goetz Detox Face Mask

Bought this product cause of the Allure sticker. Thought, why not? I read up the ingredients and they were quite impressive, some very advance science in there. The vitamins and anti-oxidants didn't do much for me. Maybe cause I'm a smoker/drinker, but the mask left my skin feeling moist and patchy-dry. I feel like a layer of my skin was scrapped off in the process. Not worth the $40+tax, I'm going to try and return the product for store credits and get their Gentle Neroli Shampoo. Oh, also tried the Jojoba Face Scrub, made my skin yucky as well (my natural skin type: dry-normal/slightly sensitive). My advice: stay away from the face products and go for the candles + hair goodies instead.

2. Kiehl's Acai Damage Minimizing Cleanser

If you're looking for a new face wash for the summer then you must try this. It comes in foam and is very light, perfect for most skin-types as all ingredients are "natural!" I've used this during the winter and am experimenting with it this summer, so far so good! It does the job: clean the face. Nothing too fancy, probably doesn't do any of those anti-aging magic but is effective enough for me. I usually skip the "make-up removal" step and go straight to the face wash - perfect for those drunken lazy nights! And what's even more awesome is that it's only $24+tax, and you can probably ask for free samples before committing.

3. Kiehl's Centella Skin Calming Face Wash

I've been obsessed with anti-aging products for a while now. I often dabble with my mom's collections but have recently found them too heavy for my skin. I bought this cleanser back in December and have not used it religiously but again the product is decent. A bottle comes at $28+tax. It has all the latest "hot" ingredients that supposedly delay aging. Don't know if I look younger but whatever, if you want to be proactive with anti-aging then you should give this a try. The product didn't irritate my skin at all, didn't feel like I was drowning myself in vitamins/anti-oxidants.


4. Avene Cleanance Anti-Shine Purifying Lotion

I swear by this product. My ultimate holy grail! Even my love for La Mer comes second to this divine toner. The bottle is just under $20+tax and can be purchased at local Duane Reades. The brand is French and is more of a pharmaceutical company than a cosmetics house (I like). I've been using this for about 4 months and have noticed a distinct difference in my skin, talking about pore-size ladies! And it's not acidic/harsh so my skin is never dry after use. I apply this twice daily, mostly the T-zone. Next: will try their anti-age line and day creame!


5. Dr.Hauschka Lip Care Stick

I've been smoking consistently for about three years now. I rarely put on lipsticks and never lipgloss but the one thing I consistently reach for in my bag is this chapstick. I like vaseline too but carrying a small tub around and using my finger to apply is tedious (and kinda gross). Dr.Hauschka is a German brand, all natural/organic and Whole Foods carries a comprehensive selection of its products in the city. My mom (who's also very high maintenance about her skin care products) also uses their anti-aging/firming line.



Now, onto even happier things:


Made mushroom/onion red pasta for the girls last Sunday so we could watch the Celtics beat LA in full stomachs.


Nothing sweeter than a weekday cupcake surprise. I find this incredibly sexy. Weird? Possibly.